Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #228: Know Your Boundaries

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

That was a fun one! Although I did nearly went down a rabbit hole...

Spoiler
here's my solution:
hanykowska_0-1597149675900.png

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

So I had to hardcode some things and it doesn't feel like it runs fast, but here goes nothing...

Spoiler
patrick_digan_0-1597155633184.png

balajilolla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

balajilolla_0-1597160605789.png

LHolmes
9 - Comet

Spatial fun! Really interesting to see the different ways this challenge was solved.

Spoiler
228 - Solution.PNG
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Another opportunity to practice the use of the spatial tools. Certainly there will be easier solutions.

Spoiler
228.png
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I think I need to brush up on my spatial... As I was working out how to do this and got started down a route, I used a Batch Macro to feed in states that touched and got their border... so that I could combine them together. It wasn't until I was cutting the ends out that I realised i could have grouped the East and West states, not needing the Batch Macro... so I also did it without the Batch Macro afterwards... not sure which is neater. The Batch Macro did allow me to play with the buffer size easily though.

Spoiler
KaneG_1-1597222519615.png

Batch Macro:

KaneG_2-1597222677443.png

jasperlch
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC228.PNG

Really fun challenged! Video solution here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nONOiJ2E9fs&list=PL18SpOXDj-KMUD4YwWC5vZaUsIa7drxNZ&index=32

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I pulled a sneaky move on this problem to fix it. Looking forward to findin228.jpgg a better solution to this.

Spoiler

dlopez13
7 - Meteor

Lots of new spatial operations to consider and sort out.  

Spoiler
dlopez13_0-1597247851331.png