Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #228: Know Your Boundaries

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

That was a fun one! Although I did nearly went down a rabbit hole...

Spoiler
here's my solution:
hanykowska_0-1597149675900.png

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

So I had to hardcode some things and it doesn't feel like it runs fast, but here goes nothing...

Spoiler
patrick_digan_0-1597155633184.png

balajilolla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

balajilolla_0-1597160605789.png

LHolmes
9 - Comet

Spatial fun! Really interesting to see the different ways this challenge was solved.

Spoiler
228 - Solution.PNG
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Another opportunity to practice the use of the spatial tools. Certainly there will be easier solutions.

Spoiler
228.png
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I think I need to brush up on my spatial... As I was working out how to do this and got started down a route, I used a Batch Macro to feed in states that touched and got their border... so that I could combine them together. It wasn't until I was cutting the ends out that I realised i could have grouped the East and West states, not needing the Batch Macro... so I also did it without the Batch Macro afterwards... not sure which is neater. The Batch Macro did allow me to play with the buffer size easily though.

Spoiler
KaneG_1-1597222519615.png

Batch Macro:

KaneG_2-1597222677443.png

jasperlch
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC228.PNG

Really fun challenged! Video solution here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nONOiJ2E9fs&list=PL18SpOXDj-KMUD4YwWC5vZaUsIa7drxNZ&index=32

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I pulled a sneaky move on this problem to fix it. Looking forward to findin228.jpgg a better solution to this.

Spoiler

dlopez13
7 - Meteor

Lots of new spatial operations to consider and sort out.  

Spoiler
dlopez13_0-1597247851331.png