Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #227: /*comments*/

AhmadAlkherbawy
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
solution.png

Thanks Alteryx for this free style challenge 

for The first part of this challenge the total no. of records is : 13,684 Records excluding the null values from "Body text" Column

and for the second part of finding the 10 challenges with the highest percentage of positive and negative comments

Spalders
8 - Asteroid

Fewer results (12905), but empty records stripped away

LHolmes
9 - Comet

Great challenge and fun to try out the 2020.2 and the intelligence suite!

Spoiler
Solution varies slightly from the output as I, like some others, eliminated the original posts. 

This resulted in slightly different top pos and neg for the sentiment but the concept is there. It did lead me to some  questions around what kind of prep needs to go into the data for use of some of the tools - for instance word cloud and topic modelling appear to need standardized case. 

Overall, love learning new tools and capabilities. Even better if the tools were included and not an add-on.

227 - Solution.PNG
luisalfonsoperez
7 - Meteor

Hi this is my solution:

Spoiler
luispe24_0-1596752895264.png

SgdPackard810
8 - Asteroid

Got really close! I think my methodology is definitely there, but I have a slightly different number of records that survive after filtering nulls out of the Challenge # column. Oh well, still a really fun excuse to use the new sentiment tool.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Just did Stage 1 for now. Got 6 more comments, but that felt close enough for a sweltering Friday

Spoiler
Challenge 227.PNG
bmarx112
7 - Meteor

I finally get an excuse to use Sentiment Analysis... what a treat!

I challenged myself and scraped the entire weekly challenge section of the Alteryx community site with the Download tool to get the list of comments for each challenge instead of using the provided dataset, so there may be some differences between my results and the given output. 

Spoiler
Thank you for having such easy-to-parse HTML, Alteryx website!Challenge_227.JPG
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Output 1 is the same output by trim the space of the top and end of sentence.

But the result of sentiment analysis is not the same output. But I think that I got the expected result. 

Spoiler
The number of records at sample output : If the last of each Challenge No have null comment, it is deleted.

result.png

graph.png

delilah
8 - Asteroid

Do not match the given output......hope that Text Mining Tool includes more languages......