Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #223: Going Nuclear

Neetu
8 - Asteroid

my solution:)

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

So much could be done with the map in terms of presenting... looking at ones that are now out of service is interesting too...

Spoiler
KaneG_0-1594786640717.png

danicahui
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 223 2020-07-15.jpg
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Great practice with reporting tools! I rarely use thematic maps, so I used this as an opportunity to experiment with the Map Legend Splitter/Builder tools to remove the connector name from the legend.

Output:

Spoiler
kelly_gilbert_0-1594834476687.png

Workflow:

Spoiler
This seemed like a good situation for Find/Replace instead of joins. I tried it both ways, and run time was nearly identical with this small dataset. However, in this case the Report Map tool is pretty expensive, so the run times of all of the other tools were basically inconsequential.

kelly_gilbert_1-1594834626931.png
rmassambane
10 - Fireball

jagdeep_singh85
8 - Asteroid

PFA my solution

wwatson
12 - Quasar

another solution

Gizzo1
5 - Atom

My first time running Spatial actually, this one was tough but I definitely learned some new skills!

Spoiler
224 Community Submission.png

Assaf_m
11 - Bolide

My solution attached,

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I am reposting my solution as the leaderboard might be missing this post from my account

Spoiler
223.jpg