Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #221: Avocado Consumption

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Yummy challenge!!

 

Spoiler
Spoiler
EstherB47_0-1592852481215.png

Used many more grouping fields in the Multi-row formula tool than I had done before, and eliminated the need for several other tools in doing so (extra sorts, crosstabbing, formula tool). Not entirely dynamic because I had to move the fields around with a select at the end to match output.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Just like my first car--it's ugly but it works!

 

Spoiler
bsanders2009_0-1592853514929.png

 

Highlighted
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I probably made it more difficult than it needed to be!  But got it to tie out exactly.

 

Spoiler
ggruccio_1-1592854011289.png

 

 

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

.

Highlighted
5 - Atom
Spoiler
Solution to the challenge: 

This could have been straightforward had there been no constraint on the output model. Still I was able to modify, but wish there's isn't any model constraint. 

 

So, here's what I did, 

1. Calculated the min and max periods (Year + Month).

2. Selected min and max periods only.
3. Using Crosstab, I was able to break the model by PLU codes.
4. Calculated max %consumption. 
5. Merged each crosstab outputs using Join Multiple tool.

I don't feel this workflow is efficient, but nevertheless it works. 
Final workflowFinal workflow

 

 

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

The real challenge here seems to be in making the WF dynamic - meaning to be able to adapt to changes in the number of regions, types, or SKUs. As it happens, types are handled naturally by the approach I took. See inside for how I approached the others

Spoiler
Regions required that I turn the sampling function into a macro and feed in the region count. The transpose tool turns the field names into data so calculating the values for additional SKUs was straightforward, and using the dynamic rename tool I can drive the names. The Transformations strip the % signs so you have to put them back in at the end. All this pushes the totals to the end (because 'T' sorts after the 4-digit SKUs) and i did not bother to figure out how to push them back to the front.
Tberney_2-1592857640616.png

 


 

Highlighted
11 - Bolide

Here is my solution.

 

Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
alexandramannerings_0-1592861204779.png

 

When life gives you avocados, make guacamole.

Highlighted
9 - Comet

My solution: 

 

Spoiler
221_EW.PNG