Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #221: Avocado Consumption

LHolmes
9 - Comet

Great problem to stretch the core muscles and play with some transformation tools.

Spoiler
221 - Solution.PNG

Wasn't particularly detailed in my solution documentation this week but essentially filtered our everything but the beginning and end time periods, pivoted the data, calculated growth, sorted, selected the top for each type/PLU, and the latter part was formatting data to the final (took liberty with names).
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Thanks for the Weekly Challenge!

T_Willins_0-1592875159785.gif

Spoiler
Workflow 221.png

Mengdee
8 - Asteroid

great challenge..  can't wait to see some other solutions.. i get the feeling i really butchered mine.  Couldn't figure out a nice succinct way to rank each PLU

jdiorio20
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
jdiorio20_0-1592883832774.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

Nice one!

Spoiler
221.PNG
jasperlch
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
bbaker
7 - Meteor

First solution submission. I have included a Quick and Dirty flow to provide the information exactly as requested and a more Dynamic flow which will automatically calculate if more PLUs are inserted into the data.

Spoiler
bbaker_0-1592909994454.png

I didn't format the next one the same way and kept it in the Tidy format. It uses a batch macro to be more dynamic and adjust if more PLUs are inserted. If 100 PLUs are inserted, you don't want you table growing that wide.

bbaker_1-1592910409890.png

pysh-gl
7 - Meteor

Challenge is so yummy!!!

JeremyGonzva
8 - Asteroid

here's my solution

JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

Fun data prep challenge!  While my wife loves Avacado Toast, I'm more of a Guacamole guy! 

Spoiler
JustinBabbitt_0-1592916261831.png

Justin Babbitt