Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #220: Hedge Detection

Ladarthur
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

my solution (I had to hardcode a bit but it works )

JohanRanschaert
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
JohanRanschaert_0-1592303495967.png

 

My solution in attach

AkimasaKajitani
14 - Magnetar

My solution.

 

Spoiler

clip02.png
クリップボード一時ファイル01.png



ggruccio
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Was like a fun game of connect the dots!

dombaikami
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
220.PNG
RobertW
Alteryx
Alteryx

Tricky with the inner perimeter

 

Spoiler
RobertW_0-1592341199941.png

 

EstherB47
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Another fun one. Couldn't figure out a way to mathematically assign the points to farms, but once I got past that manual input the rest flowed

 

Spoiler
EstherB47_0-1592343392372.png

Thinking of the hedges as line segments, made individual segments using Multi Row Formula. Interestingly, the Unique tool treats segments that start at point a and end at point b as unique from those that start at point b and end at point a. So, created a name for the hedges that contained the start and end points and "uniqued" on that field.

Mengdee
8 - Asteroid

that was an excellent challenge.  i hardcoded all the field mappings (sadly).. 1 to map all the fields.. and 1 for the picket.. might think about this one and return to it before I look at some of solutions

 

 

 

 

Jean-Balteryx
13 - Pulsar

Here is my solution !

kelly_gilbert
11 - Bolide

I spent waaaay too long trying and failing to implement concave hull and edge-detection algorithms in Alteryx to try to dynamically build the individual fields (reminded me of some of the 2019 Advent of Code problems!) In the end, like everyone else, I ended up building a manual lookup table.

 

Spoiler
kelly_gilbert_0-1592411726390.png


Lookup table:

kelly_gilbert_1-1592411756459.png