Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #220: Hedge Detection

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

my solution (I had to hardcode a bit but it works )

JohanRanschaert
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
JohanRanschaert_0-1592303495967.png

My solution in attach

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

Spoiler

clip02.png
クリップボード一時ファイル01.png

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Was like a fun game of connect the dots!

dombaikamilla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
220.PNG
RobertW
Alteryx
Alteryx

Tricky with the inner perimeter

Spoiler
RobertW_0-1592341199941.png

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Another fun one. Couldn't figure out a way to mathematically assign the points to farms, but once I got past that manual input the rest flowed

Spoiler
EstherB47_0-1592343392372.png

Thinking of the hedges as line segments, made individual segments using Multi Row Formula. Interestingly, the Unique tool treats segments that start at point a and end at point b as unique from those that start at point b and end at point a. So, created a name for the hedges that contained the start and end points and "uniqued" on that field.

Mengdee
8 - Asteroid

that was an excellent challenge.  i hardcoded all the field mappings (sadly).. 1 to map all the fields.. and 1 for the picket.. might think about this one and return to it before I look at some of solutions

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

I spent waaaay too long trying and failing to implement concave hull and edge-detection algorithms in Alteryx to try to dynamically build the individual fields (reminded me of some of the 2019 Advent of Code problems!) In the end, like everyone else, I ended up building a manual lookup table.

Spoiler
kelly_gilbert_0-1592411726390.png

Lookup table:

kelly_gilbert_1-1592411756459.png