Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #220: Hedge Detection

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

my solution (I had to hardcode a bit but it works )

JohanRanschaert
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
JohanRanschaert_0-1592303495967.png

My solution in attach

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

Spoiler

clip02.png
クリップボード一時ファイル01.png

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Was like a fun game of connect the dots!

dombaikamilla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
220.PNG
RobertW
Alteryx
Alteryx

Tricky with the inner perimeter

Spoiler
RobertW_0-1592341199941.png

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Another fun one. Couldn't figure out a way to mathematically assign the points to farms, but once I got past that manual input the rest flowed

Spoiler
EstherB47_0-1592343392372.png

Thinking of the hedges as line segments, made individual segments using Multi Row Formula. Interestingly, the Unique tool treats segments that start at point a and end at point b as unique from those that start at point b and end at point a. So, created a name for the hedges that contained the start and end points and "uniqued" on that field.

Mengdee
8 - Asteroid

that was an excellent challenge.  i hardcoded all the field mappings (sadly).. 1 to map all the fields.. and 1 for the picket.. might think about this one and return to it before I look at some of solutions

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

I spent waaaay too long trying and failing to implement concave hull and edge-detection algorithms in Alteryx to try to dynamically build the individual fields (reminded me of some of the 2019 Advent of Code problems!) In the end, like everyone else, I ended up building a manual lookup table.

Spoiler
kelly_gilbert_0-1592411726390.png

Lookup table:

kelly_gilbert_1-1592411756459.png