Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #218: Car Sales Reporting

Inactive User
Not applicable

Get to learn something about reporting

Spoiler
218.PNG
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

I'm getting back in the Weekly Challenge game, after a couple of busy months. This was great practice with reporting tools!

Output:

Spoiler
kelly_gilbert_0-1591668691265.png

Workflow:

Spoiler
kelly_gilbert_1-1591668817919.png

AliAS2020
8 - Asteroid

I started solving the weekly challenges couple of days ago and was able to accomplish the very first 11 challenge, but I decided to do a couple from the newer ones, this one pushed me to learn about maps and reporting in general.

I love reporting in everything, it make me feel the result of my work so I really enjoyed making a report with Alteryx too.

Solution:

Spoiler
AliAS2020_0-1591679272026.png

Next I will learn the header/footer and other reporting tools.

Happy learning!

AliAS

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is my solution

Spoiler
ArtApa_0-1591691123685.png

jwlong91
8 - Asteroid

Great challenge!  I had never used the Report Map tool before, so this was a great way to learn how to use it and that it exists.

Spoiler
Challenge 218 JWL.JPG
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I feel the day that I understand reporting in Alteryx well enough is getting closer...

Spoiler
Spoiler
fiddled around with the report map to tweak its thematic field and ensuring it's using a smart tile unique setting... besides this I aligned some text to theleft in the table settings.fiddled around with the report map to tweak its thematic field and ensuring it's using a smart tile unique setting... besides this I aligned some text to theleft in the table settings.
pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution... probably an easier way to build the table...

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

This was cool, I've spent more time than necessary and I could have played even longer with the options.

One thing I couldn't do and is something I might come back to, is to colour the whole row text based on value in a single column, so if vehicle type = SUV I want everything to be coloured in green. Something to explore one day

Spoiler
hanykowska_0-1591801334356.png

And my messy workflow...

hanykowska_1-1591801355846.png

CKP
10 - Fireball

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_218_mysolution.jpg
pysh-gl
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution...