Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #218: Car Sales Reporting

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week's challenge can be found hereSource: https://thenewswheel.com/top-5-worst-car-salesmen-from-movies/Source: https://thenewswheel.com/top-5-worst-car-salesmen-from-movies/

In this week's challenge explore the reporting tools to help Arnold create a visualization for his car sales last month.

Arnold at Platinum Motors would like to get a better picture of his car sales from the last month. Using the provided dataset, create a report that shows the locations of the buyers, color-coded by the type of car purchased, with a legend. Underneath the report, put a table that shows the number of sales and average sale price by car type.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I love all that you can do with maps in Alteryx (now that I actually know how to use this tool).

Spoiler
Kenda_0-1591016566291.png

Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Great practice with the Report Map tool!

Spoiler
218.png

(edit 6/1 10:06 CDT) video of solution overview:

Spoiler
johnemery
11 - Bolide

This was a good challenge. Not particularly difficult, but with a few elements that I think all Alteryx developers should have in their toolkit.

Spoiler
Map Capture.PNGWorkflow Capture.PNG

View my solution video here:

Spoiler
Blake
12 - Quasar

Why do chicken coops only have 2 doors? 

Spoiler
If they had 4, they'd be chicken sedans! 

The report map tool took me a bit to get the hang of...

Spoiler
Blake_0-1591017893301.png

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
i know it's not hard to transpose and crosstab, but I just use my own macro "Transpose (Excel Style)" to accomplish it one step without any real configuration.patrick_digan_0-1591018180506.png

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

As someone who actually does report vehicle sales for a living, this one hits a little close to home.

tumblr_nlr9mleWgp1rwtzqno1_540

Spoiler
Annotation 2020-06-01 093341.png
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Spoiler
dsmdavid_0-1591022532725.png

but..