Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #217: A Fast Blast From The Past

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found hereSource: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_OneSource: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One

Formula 1 racing is one of the most popular sports in the world and the 2011 season is considered one of the most dramatic in history! If you aren't familiar with this category of racing, know that F1 cars are the most sophisticated race cars in the world and they are created by legendary automobile manufacturers.

Each season, teams travel to different locations around the world to compete in races. At the end of the season, awards are presented to the top driver and top team based on a point scoring system. The scoring system awards points to both drivers and teams at the conclusion of each race (the scoring is presented in the Points table). Since the races take place at different race tracks, each race has a unique number of laps. Additionally, races are constrained to a 2 hour window. This means not all races will complete the scheduled number of laps.

For this week's challenge we have provided a sample of lap data from the 2011 F1 Season covering races 4 - 17. You'll find each driver's times for every lap completed in each race. Use the Race Data to figure out who finished in the points for each race and find the top three racers across this 13 race sample.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My answers are a little off, but I didn't see anything glaringly wrong.

Spoiler
patrick_digan_0-1590503953429.png

Blake
12 - Quasar

My answer differs a bit from the given answer but I'm confident in what I have... 

Fun challenge!

Spoiler
Blake_0-1590503909138.png

EDIT : Added link to my video walk through and corrected statement at top of post.

Spoiler

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Same as Patrick above. What are we missing?

Spoiler
dsmdavid_0-1590503910530.png

johnemery
11 - Bolide

I agree with @patrick_digan. My results match his.

I spent some time just now on this site: https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2011/drivers/JENBUT01/jenson-button.html and my race-by-race results match exactly.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

View my solution video here:

Spoiler

Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Fun challenge this week, however my total points are off compared to the provided solution:

Spoiler
2.PNG
AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks for pointing out the error @patrick_digan @Blake @dsmdavid @johnemery @Aaron_Harter !

The Output Text Input values were from a previous version of the challenge...The workflow has been updated.

DaisukeTsuchiya
13 - Pulsar

My answer was different but match with updated workflow.

Spoiler
capture.PNG

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Kenda_0-1590505330993.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Fun challenge, like others, my results do not match the expected values.

Spoiler
217.png