Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #215: Gotta Catch 'em All!

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here.Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9monSource: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon

With over 800 Pokemon in existence, avid Pokemon fans could use some help figuring out what Pokemon are available for their them to use on their teams. Build an Alteryx App that helps sort through the options.

Configure the App's interface tools to use a List Box for the Regions, a Dropdown tool for the type, a Check Box tool that allows legendary Pokemon, and a Check Box tool that removes regional variants of the same Pokemon.

Once configured let us know how many Ghost Type Pokemon are in the Alola, Galar, Johto and Kanto regions with Legendary and Regional variants allowed! 

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

App attached.

Can somebody explain when you should use the thunderbolt and when to use the Q anchor?

Spoiler

AppApp

Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

User Interface:

Spoiler
2int.PNG

Workflow:

Spoiler
1.PNG
johnemery
11 - Bolide

Cool challenge. I don't make a ton of apps, so these are always good practice.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Watch my solution video here:

Spoiler

Blake
12 - Quasar

Fun to make an app on Monday Morning! 

Spoiler
Blake_0-1589205713992.png

Blake_1-1589205756543.png

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution!

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge215.JPG

NicoleJohnson_0-1589205919973.png
NicoleJohnson_1-1589205973492.png

Cheers!

NJ

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler

1) I like using reference shortcuts in my filter as it makes it easier to test/debug. I just use Control  + R to run it like normal and can change test values on the Workflow tab.
2) Sorry for tooting my own horn, but I have some ideas that would make working with interface tools better/easier
a) Data from Connected Tool option - why should I have to crosstab my data? Adding "data from connected Tool" to the dropdown/listbox could allow you to go straight from the summarize tool to the interface tools.
b) 2 small changes - Why can't I change the name of the question in the workflow tab and change my test value in the tool itself? 
c) Let Question constants be used like other constants - Why can't I just reference my questions like [Question.Region]? It works for User Constants, so I think it would be great if they added if for Question Constants. The one drawback of using reference shortcuts is that you have to know the syntax, so letting questions behave like normal fields would remove that.

patrick_digan_0-1589205411635.png

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
dsmdavid_0-1589207442769.png

Victor_Mendes
8 - Asteroid

I just love the interface tools!!! Cool challenge

Spoiler

Victor_Mendes_0-1589211095180.png

Victor_Mendes
8 - Asteroid

When you use the "Q" anchor, you can reference the connection inside your tool the one with the "Q" connection.

And when you use the thunderbolt you create your Fórmula inside the Action tool

Fórmula tool with "Q" Anchor

Victor_Mendes_0-1589210860781.png

Formula tool with Thunderbolt, the [#1] doesn't exists

Victor_Mendes_1-1589210890331.png

Victor_Mendes_2-1589210919072.png