Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #213: Optimized Flower Arrangements

TonyAdam
8 - Asteroid

Nice challenge to learn a new tool 🙂

Spoiler
tonyadam_0-1590266515282.png

rmassambane
10 - Fireball

Another one!

FlorianC
Alteryx
Alteryx

The optimisation tool configuration is difficult to grasp but it is incredibly powerful.

Spoiler
workflow.PNG
Florian Carrier
Strategic Solution Consultant
Alteryx
AcevedoYo
8 - Asteroid

........well.......... I got there eventually

I went through a lengthy and frustrating debugging session where I'm truly not sure what I was inputting incorrectly. I realized that my Optimization tool was quite literally purchasing as many of one flower type as possible and ignoring my constraints tied around my lower and upper bounds. However comparing my workflow to some of those on this message board I really thought my inputs were the exact same.

Even after all this my final output is not exactly what the approved solution is. If anyone wants to take a look and can figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong, by all means.

Spoiler
YomaraA_0-1590681551440.png

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_213.PNG
Mengdee
8 - Asteroid

this one went over my head.. I had to look at some spoilers to see which tool was required..

@Aaron_Harter posted this and I wouldn't have been able to do this challenge without it..

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Optimization/ta-p/3061...

I just followed and plugged in the variables.. i'm surprised it came out .. will need some more challenges using this tool.. it was interesting.. 

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
Spoiler
EstherB47_0-1592523258651.png

dombaikamilla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
213.PNG
Blake
12 - Quasar

I don't know if I'd consider this challenge fun but it was good to get exposure to a new tool! 

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Challenge 213 is done!

Spoiler
challenge 213 JMS solution.PNG