Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #213: Optimized Flower Arrangements

RobertW
Alteryx
Alteryx

Never used the Optimization tool before.

Spoiler
RobertW_0-1588712417938.png

Dominik2806
8 - Asteroid

I have chosen the Mixed Integer Program...but the result is the same

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Solution attached

Verakso
11 - Bolide

This is probably my favorite Alteryx Tool.

It had been while since I used it thought so I had to brush up on the examples located in Help -> Sample Workflows -> Predictive tools samples -> Prescriptive Analysis.

Sample filesSample files

But here is my take on this weeks challenge

Spoiler
The WorkflowThe Workflow

What I think is cool about the optimization tool, is that is just does its thing!
So in the result the optimization returns an objective value of 417, which means the total number of flowser used.
But if we take the number of each of the optimized flowers, and calculate the total value
Calculate totalCalculate total

Then you can actually see, that the optimization reach a total of 949,90 $ for the 417 flowers 
Total number and Total oriceTotal number and Total orice

One thing missing contranit would have to make sure that there was the same amount of flowers in each arrangement.
The optimization gives a result for a total og 57 red roses for the ten arrangement, but you can't really af 5.7 red roses to each arrangement. 😉

Still Climbing
/Verakso

terry10
11 - Bolide
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Here is my solution.

Knight_Tang
5 - Atom

My solution, thanks.

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution WITHOUT Optimization tool 😜 haha

Spoiler
Anotación 2020-05-13 000651.png
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

After being off for a couple of weeks, catching back up to the top of the leaderboard.  New tool for me.  Reminds me of learning solver, but much easier to use.

Spoiler
Workflow 213.png

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Cool, another tool under my belt. Will be probably coming back to this challenge whenever I need to use optimization tool ever again

Spoiler
image.png