Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #212: Draft Masters

Hannah_Lissaman
11 - Bolide

My solution 🙂

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

I'm sure that there is a more efficient way to rename and re-stack the columns, but this one does the triock.

-Cheers!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution!

Also, random aside while speaking of the NFL draft... I watched some of the first day of the Virtual Draft this year (which I normally don't do, but it was a novelty), and I have to say - I am just SO impressed by what folks on TV have managed to do when it comes to broadcasting from home, whether it's talk show hosts, the news & sports broadcasters, whoever... I LOVE seeing them in different environments, with their bookcases and trophies and family photos behind them. I loved seeing the coaches who let their kids hang out behind them while they're making their selections... can you imagine, as a kid, what a FREAKING COOL experience that would be?!? In the midst of this mayhem... I just love it.

Anyway. Here you go!

Spoiler
For anyone stuck on the particulars of this one, here are a couple tips:

1. There are probably 100 different ways to re-orient the Points list for Draft Picks... If you, unlike me, would like to do so without a bunch of wild pivoting action, you could probably (and far more easily) just use a few strategically placed Select Tools + a Union to achieve the same thing. #WhyChooseEasyWhenYouCanChooseHard?
2. Don't forget about nulls
3. If you choose to use Find & Replace tool, keep in mind that the default for this tool is to match on any part of field... which is probably not what you want to do. (Doh.)

WeeklyChallenge212.JPG

Cheers!

NJ

thenumberstim
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
thenumberstim_0-1588447125508.png

First time learning about the arrange tool, always nice to put a new tool into practice in a challenge 🙂

Solved 

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I guess the solution has been updated because I have no complaints. Solution attached.

Spoiler
Challenge 212 - Snip.jpg
jagdeep_singh85
8 - Asteroid

pfa my solution

FlorianC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Interesting exercise.

Spoiler
workflow.PNG
Florian Carrier
Strategic Solution Consultant
Alteryx
Verakso
11 - Bolide

After a while it's nice to do weekly challenges again.

Trying to catch with this solution:

Spoiler
The WorlkflowThe Worlkflow

Still Climbing
/Verakso

coracai
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

JoseV
7 - Meteor

My solution!

Spoiler