Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #210: Better Late Than Never

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week's challenge can be found hereSource: https://tenor.com/search/along-came-polly-gifsSource: https://tenor.com/search/along-came-polly-gifs

The NBA is considered the world's premier basketball league; due in large part to the tremendously talented players who dazzle fans every time out on the court. One of the highest honors for any player is to be named an All-Star. All-Stars are selected each year to recognize outstanding performance at each position. The All-Stars 2000-2016 file contains a list of players named All-Stars over that time period.

You may notice that many of the league's 30 teams have at least one player selected over this time period. That is largely a result of the fact that regardless of whether they come from collegiate basketball teams or international club teams, players must enter the NBA Draft when entering the league. The draft is a system devised to spread talent across the league by giving teams who had poor seasons the best odds of signing the most promising new players coming into the league. In the current version of the draft, each of the 30 teams has one pick per round for 2 rounds. However, the league used to have fewer teams and more rounds in the draft. The Drafts Info file contains a listing of the number of picks in each round of the draft from 1984-2016.

For this week's challenge, find the 3 latest drafted players to play in an All-Star game between 2000-2016. (Undrafted players are ineligible; draft position is overall pick number in a given draft)

Blake
12 - Quasar

Man I miss the NBA! 

Spoiler
210.png
Spoiler
Edit : 10:08 CDT 2020-04-06 Added Video Link 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
I couldn't resist using a little regex.