Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #210: Better Late Than Never

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Highlighted
11 - Bolide

Another fun parse-and-prep challenge!

Spoiler
kelly_gilbert_0-1587845322639.png

I did a little experimenting with Performance Profiling turned on. In my first stab at this, I used Generate Rows to create a row for each overall pick, parsed the draft status from the player, and joined on year/round/position in round. The Join was fairly expensive, so I tried to think of ways to reduce that, such as keeping only one record per year/round and joining on that.

With this tiny dataset, changing the join to year/round (cutting the records in the incoming draft dataset by ~95%) didn't make a significant difference, but could be something to consider with a larger dataset.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

here my solution

Highlighted

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Kale_Malcom_0-1588026976250.png

Switch function is useful to simplify the IF statement on which round a player is drafted in.

Highlighted

Challenge 210 is done!

Spoiler
challenge 210 JMS solution.PNG
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

All,

Too bad Isiah Thomas got hurt or he would have gone to many more All-Star Games!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Highlighted
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Challenge_210.JPG
Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution!

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge210.JPG

Cheers!

NJ 

5 - Atom

I wasn't super elegant with this one...MAN i need to relearn how to use the regex tool.