Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #21: Date Reformatting

A_Twa
8 - Asteroid

I used the Record ID and Formula tools to get my answer; the official solution never even occurred to me.  Great stuff, thank you!

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

Wow!  Some very creative solutions.  I enjoy exposure to new ideas.  Mine is pretty much the same as the solution.  I think I've seen something like this so already had a pre-determined paradigm in my head.

Pablo0205
5 - Atom

Hi there, I'm pretty new to the Designer and formulas aren't my strenth yet, so I looked them but here's my workflow.

nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Solution Attached

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution.  Can definitely be done with fewer tools but this is what I found quickest.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 18.22.13.png
luciebrett
8 - Asteroid

Slightly different order to the solution; started formatting the month first to utilise the placement of the year in Jan before dragged down (I think the expression used is more logical and easy to understand), but same tools used overall!

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Natasha
9 - Comet

Used Regex and a combination of DateTimeParse / DateTimeFormat

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 22.21.33.png
data_rachel
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge21.PNG
That second multi-row formula has a really long (and tedious) formula.
marcreid
7 - Meteor

Solution

Spoiler
Took the month number conversion approach
image.png