community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #21: Date Reformatting

Asteroid

I always enjoy going through these challenges as they provide a chance to utilize tools that are less common for me to have a need for.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Used slightly different Tools but overall same approach as provided Solution

- Used Multi-Row Formula to get month Numbers based on date Length (loved solution provided nested formula to achieve this with simple the formula tool!)

- Used Formula to convert Int values to 3 letter Month 

- Used Multi-Field Formula to Populate current year based on if it was first month

- Used Multi-Row Field to Populate correct year across all Rows

- Select to Rename and drop unnecessary Fields 

Spoiler
RL_challenge_21.png
Meteor
Spoiler
challenge_21_RC_solution.PNG
Meteoroid

A bit different, same result

Meteor

Alteryx Partner

Felt like this was one of my uglier solutions. I still need to get more proficient with the multi row formula tool.

Spoiler
SolutionClipping.PNG

Asteroid

Here's my solution with only 2 tools

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
Asteroid

Kind of ugly but it works

Spoiler
Solution-Challenge 021.PNG