Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #209: Parsing Insurance Claims

dkoenawan004
7 - Meteor

My solution to this challenge:

Spoiler
dkoenawan004_0-1585700073043.png

Always love to see how other members approach it as well.

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution

Spoiler
209_workflow.png
delilah
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG

The field name separation part is not very satisfying though......

Sylvana
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

Spoiler
Sylvana_0-1585745357955.png

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

my solution 

bmarx112
7 - Meteor

What a workout! Dealing with those headers was a fun puzzle.

Spoiler
Challenge_209.JPGI matched the two header rows together by their relative location in each string, comparing how many characters in each was, matching the closest values to one another (barring the fields without a second label) and concatenated.

Victor_Mendes
8 - Asteroid

Not the most beautiful flow, PDF is always tricky

Spoiler
Victor_Mendes_0-1585855600135.png

JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC209.PNG

Fairly straightforward but not the most dynamic solution! See my video walkthrough here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IewmMcQMNPM&list=PL18SpOXDj-KMUD4YwWC5vZaUsIa7drxNZ&index=14&t=0s

This week's challenge involves a classic bit of data cleaning. There's a lot of regex, text-to-column tools and formulas to get everything ship shape. Find the challenge here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-209-Parsing-Insurance-Claims/td-p/548470
Madhuprana
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

This is my solution. Would appreciate suggestions to minimize the model. Its little long right now. My solution matches with the output. Thank you.

~Regards

Madhu

mtouiti
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Nice Challenge @Assaf_m  i really like it and definitely I'm gonna use it as an example for other prospects in the insurance industry. 

Just a quick question @Assaf_m , how do you convert that data from PDF? using Alteryx? 

solution below : 

Spoiler
Solution_Mo.png