Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #205: Taynalysis

Mengdee
8 - Asteroid

that was fun.. took me a while to parse the text to match the output.  but got there

VizChic
11 - Bolide

Keep up the momentum 🙂

Samuel_To
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Here is my answer. 

Best Regards,

Samuel

Verakso
11 - Bolide

My answer did not match the Output provided either.

After looking into the official solution, I came up with this

Spoiler
So, I could see, that along the way it was pretty much the same, but the major difference in the result, is how you define the words to begin with.

If you haven't already, I would recommend that you also take a look at the official solution provided, since it actually contains some great comments on why there is the discrepancies, depending on how you try to solve this challenge.

Anyway here's my take on it.
Workflow and commentsWorkflow and comments I guess nothing is absolute

Still Climbing
/Verakso

ChloeL-H
7 - Meteor

This was an interesting one!

I decided to eliminate the word "should've," one the Top 10 Words in the 2006 album from the official solution, because it's a contraction of two Stopwords. In my solution, the word "beautiful" takes its place.

Spoiler
Challenge_205_Solution.JPG

treepruner
9 - Comet

I don't match the solution results exactly because I used the cleaning tool instead of regex, but close enough for me...

kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #205.PNG

payam2
8 - Asteroid

Took me quite a long time to realise I was using Replace instead of Replacechar. Need new glasses!

Tony_Castillo
9 - Comet
Spoiler
TC_bot_2-1595292150258.png

TC_bot_1-1595292117789.png

The trick is to count the unique lines prior to removing the 'stop words'.

Be sure to check the solution file's output results  before starting. The output results listed in the start file are incorrect

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Heres Mine

Spoiler
Carlithian_0-1595938889907.png