Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #203: Everyone loves a toll booth

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I was really wondering how you came up with the total time on the road before I started reading the thread... same issue as others... prices match but not total time on the road.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Couldn't match the times too! Here's my attempt nevertheless!

Spoiler
Solution
Challenge_203_Amin.PNG
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Same as the others, my time values are different. I also realized that I made the solution more complicated than it needed to be. 

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Start file updated on 2/19/20 to reflect corrected solution. 

Highlighted
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
patrick_digan_0-1582128627724.png

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

A good challenge! My solution:

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Highlighted

Hey @AYXAcademy ,

thanks for the nice challenge.

You will find my solution attached below, the workflow is straight forward, using a (two) multi-row-formula to detect the previous booth and it's time. Then join the tolls and sum up for the solution.

Spoiler
AlteryxGui_2020-02-19_18-52-59.png

Best,

Johannes

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is my solution. In some cases minutes do not match to the "Output", but this is due to the difference in rounding techniques. I believe mine is more correct.

Spoiler
ArtApa_0-1582157803909.png

Highlighted

Solution as with others time is out by a minute. @patrick_digan 's solution seems to have the minutes the same, so perhaps one too look at if you are interested in understanding how Alteryx got their numbers 😄