Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #203: Everyone loves a toll booth

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Pretty much in line with the provided solution.

Highlighted
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #203.PNG

Highlighted
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Got a slightly different answer than the provided solution - but very close (presumably a rounding difference):

Result.png

Spoiler

AlteryxSolution.png

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

So a couple things fall out of this. You have to decide whether to translate to minutes before of after you add up. Not a big deal, I made the opposite choice from the solution.

Far more interesting is that the datediff() function has two properties I had not really thought about:

1. The difference is returned in the specified units as an integer. This makes some sense, but it also means the fractional minutes are lost.
  2. Even weirder, it seems to always do a floor rather than round. So 59 seconds is deemed 0 minutes, 93 seconds is 1 minute, etc... Which explains why my seconds-based computation comes out higher

The experiment with datediff() is included in the attached WF  and image inside the spoiler. 

Spoiler
Tberney_0-1593996080001.png

Tberney_1-1593997182631.png

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

ow im somewhat attuned to multirow formula haha no need to use join tool tho

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

my solution