Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #203: Everyone loves a toll booth

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Here's my solution.

Spoiler
carlosteixeira2005_0-1582292235502.png

Best regards

Carlos A Teixeira
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

bnjmnsmith
8 - Asteroid

Mine doesn't tie out either. It's also not as efficient as I feel like it could be. Going to check out others solutions after posting this:

Spoiler
Challenge 203 Result.pngI'm using the append tool to create a cartesian product, then filtering out the unneeded pairs and joining it. DEFINITELY not the most efficient way of doing it, but I'm excited to learn from everyone elses solutions!
Challenge 203 Result.png
SoumyadeepSain
5 - Atom

Here is my solution.

Spoiler
Challenge_203.png
JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC203.PNG

Had the same issues as everyone else in matching the output. If you want to see me build it "live" then watch my video here: https://www.dataprepsolutions.com/2020/02/alteryx-weekly-challenge-203-build.html

patel_bm
8 - Asteroid

I managed to resolve this by using a batch macro to prepare data for each ID with respective leg of journey with start/end time.

With overall journey per ID in place, join tolls data by segments and summarize the data to produce the output.

Spoiler
Main WorkflowMain Workflow

Spoiler
Batch MacroBatch Macro

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Interesting toll structure.  It cost more to go from 3 to 4, than from 3 to 5

@danespoors " I still avoid using regex like the plague".  You say that now, but you'll wake up one day and...

r.png

Spoiler
w.png

Dan

jagdeep_singh85
8 - Asteroid

PFA my solution

djs28
6 - Meteoroid

I hit a bit of a wall on this after I had transposed the data. I was trying to summarize the data and after a few failures, I had to borrow ideas from other users. Then, I quickly realized I had forgotten to consider the Multi-Row Formula tool to prepare the data for grouping and aggregating.

I have forgotten about the Multi-Row and Multi-Field formula tools on numerous occasions and it would've saved me a decent amount of time and headaches.

Now I'm making sure to favorite these tools in my toolbar for future workflows!

migraine-meme-1-attack-level.jpg

kylemhabe
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
kylemhabe_0-1582319524796.png