Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #203: Everyone loves a toll booth

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

I was really wondering how you came up with the total time on the road before I started reading the thread... same issue as others... prices match but not total time on the road.

Amin
8 - Asteroid

Couldn't match the times too! Here's my attempt nevertheless!

Spoiler
Solution
Challenge_203_Amin.PNG
aanandkumar
8 - Asteroid

Same as the others, my time values are different. I also realized that I made the solution more complicated than it needed to be. 

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Start file updated on 2/19/20 to reflect corrected solution. 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
patrick_digan_0-1582128627724.png

huynv96
9 - Comet

A good challenge! My solution:

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
reply_mueller
8 - Asteroid

Hey @AYXAcademy ,

thanks for the nice challenge.

You will find my solution attached below, the workflow is straight forward, using a (two) multi-row-formula to detect the previous booth and it's time. Then join the tolls and sum up for the solution.

Spoiler
AlteryxGui_2020-02-19_18-52-59.png

Best,

Johannes

Saravanamuthu
6 - Meteoroid

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is my solution. In some cases minutes do not match to the "Output", but this is due to the difference in rounding techniques. I believe mine is more correct.

Spoiler
ArtApa_0-1582157803909.png

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Solution as with others time is out by a minute. @patrick_digan 's solution seems to have the minutes the same, so perhaps one too look at if you are interested in understanding how Alteryx got their numbers 😄