Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #203: Everyone loves a toll booth

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here!

The input file below contains data on the toll stops of different vehicles (identified by plate_id). The Text Input contains the toll for driving a Segment between two toll booths. For example, it costs $2.25 to drive between toll booth 1 and tool booth 2 (1,2). Plates are tracked to identify the toll booths they pass and the time between toll boths.

Calculate the total tolls and time spent on the road per [plate_id].

Source: GIPHYSource: GIPHY

Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

I was not able to match the total time result... looking forward to seeing some other solutions:

Spoiler
203.PNG

*edit at 1 PM CST to add video of solution design:

Spoiler

Blake
12 - Quasar

I was able to get the same solution as what is given but I think that the methodology used to get it is off. The "total time" driven by each driver seems to have the last value dropped/not added to the total. 

The container in yellow shows how to solve for the given solution, the containers above the yellow one give what I think is the "true" answer. 

Spoiler
Blake_0-1582048453104.png

I have included a .yxdb with the times/tolls that I calculated. 

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

It looks like the time doesn't quite fit in the result ...

Spoiler
18-02-_2020_19-02-41.png
rmassambane
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
203.PNG

It isn't the same as the official answer...but it's mine. 😃

abrouwer
8 - Asteroid

My time calculation isn't calculating the total time correctly, but my solution is attached.

Spoiler
202 Spoiler.PNG
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I disagree with how the times were totalled (as some others do too it seems)

Spoiler
The solution seemed to ignore the final toll time, which my method included as the driver is still on the road up until then

Here's my solution

Spoiler
Spoiler
Challenge 203.PNG
JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Just like everyone else, the time does not match. However, I believe that the calculation is correct.

Spoiler
2020-02-18_11-32-34.jpg
hbraunius
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

I also had a hard time matching with the answer set. I have two outputs, one that matches and one I think is more accurate.

sonyakasenkramer
8 - Asteroid

I agree with previous posters about the time calculation.

Spoiler
sonyakasenkramer_0-1582052929825.png