Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #202: Love Poetry

JethroChen
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_202_jc.PNG
rmaunsell001
5 - Atom

Hey, I'm new to Alteryx and an trying to follow some of the solutions to weekly challenge 202, say for example in Jorge4900 solution, how do I see the output ?  presume the idea is that you can update the "This" column with your list of words in the keywords text input ? and then press run and you see your version of the poem? but how/where do you see the output? or what am I missing ?

Thanks

Rose

michael_leoni
8 - Asteroid

Please see my solution below. 

mhey01
7 - Meteor

Solved 🙂

Spoiler
mhey01_0-1611663927795.png

robert-headington
8 - Asteroid

rcarog
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

mot
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
jamielaird_0-1615158076535.png

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Shall I compare thee to a winter's day?

Thou art more round and more fluffy. 

Spoiler
Relatively simple workflow - the most tedious part was the formulas to do all the replacing of words in each section. Could certainly have gone a Find & Replace route, but I liked this method as a way to ensure only those words I wanted to replace were actually replaced, in case a word showed up more than once but I wanted to leave it in a certain line. Another key to this one was that I didn't bother connecting all my app text boxes to the Formula tool where the words were replaced - instead, I used '%Question.1_Season%' to refer to the value from the app parameter named 1_Season, etc. Super handy trick using workflow constants/app parameters to keep from spaghetti noodle lines all over your workflow from your app inputs to their corresponding tools!
WeeklyChallenge202.JPG
The text boxes the user will fill in to generate their Mad Lib:
MadLibsAppParameters.JPG

And the truly stunning final result: 
MadLibsResults.JPG

Cheers!

NJ

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Spoiler
202.PNG