Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #200: Sudoku Solver

Lilly-Trapp
7 - Meteor

One of the best games!!

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 9.40.18 PM.png
mpennington
11 - Bolide

Okay, I spent way too long on that. Beginner solution was quick and easy, but the intermediate and advanced required a great deal of work.  Would never have gotten it without all the brilliant submissions on the community. In particular, the brilliant @Aaron_Harter  had an awesome solution that was very fast and utilized the group box, as opposed to just the row and column tests.  His solution is here and it well worth your time.  I tried many different methods and in the end essentially modeled after his framework for it's lean precision.  I almost just skipped the two harder challenges, but I wanted to rebuild it for the learning experience. 

Spoiler
MP 200 Sudoku Workflow.jpgMP 200 Sudoku Macro.jpg
DaisukeTsuchiya
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG

DataHabanero
9 - Comet

Great!!

AndrewPowell
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
AndrewPowell_0-1628728053944.png

So this perplexed me for a bit, thinking initially about the generate rows to create duplicates and then creating multiple formulae to select sections of the line to split by character.....and then I found the RegEx tool could use tokenise 😀
Two instances of RegEx get used, the first splitting the 81 characters into nine rows of nine characters, the second splitting each line of nine characters into 9 columns each of a single character; after that it's just a bit of tidying up.

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid

Here is my submission. Nice challenge! Spend 2 hours to solve all the problems, both non-macro & iterative macro for the intermediate level and iterative macro for the advanced level.

Spoiler
macro.pngworkflow.png
MichaelPilotFreight
8 - Asteroid

Check out my solution!

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
MT Solution 200.png

BSilverblatt
8 - Asteroid