Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #200: Sudoku Solver

kelvin_law1
9 - Comet

Here is my beginner and intermediate solution:

Spoiler
kelvinlaw_1-1580378603029.png

For the advanced one, I have modified my intermediate solution into a iterative macro, so that's why the solution looks much more simple here:

Spoiler
kelvinlaw_2-1580378718482.png

nicoleserrafero
6 - Meteoroid

Beginner solution solved! Knew i could use regex just had to look up some syntax!

Spoiler
Nicky9doors_0-1580395665440.pngNicky9doors_1-1580395701255.png
Step 1: Tokenize 6 digits into rows
Step 2: Tokenize digits into the 9 rows
Step 3: Check against solution!
Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

Beginner solution posted, more to follow...

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Advanced solution.

I found this article really helpful https://dev.to/aspittel/how-i-finally-wrote-a-sudoku-solver-177g

Spoiler
EstherB47_0-1580405902769.png

Had to go with a macro after all. Now to implement more pattern recognition/replacement to make a more comprehensive solution.....

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

A fun one to try and solve live to the world. Solution for all three parts.

(Y)

jmt214
8 - Asteroid

Solved beginner, intermediate, AND advanced!!

I wasn't sure I would be able to create a solving algorithm, but it came to me while walking my dog. I'm really happy with the solution!

Spoiler
All 3 SolvedAll 3 SolvedMacro for Parsing the Puzzle from the string of digitsMacro for Parsing the Puzzle from the string of digitsMacro for solving the parsed puzzleMacro for solving the parsed puzzle
delilah
8 - Asteroid

Solve all the three levels. Can't say that my solution is very effective one and some part definitely needs improvement but iterate macro should be used anyway.

Jess2
6 - Meteoroid

My beginner solution is attached.

PaulRB
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
PaulRB_0-1580480419065.png

Beginner level complete... 

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Not an elegant way to do it at all. In fact, my solution is quite ugly... using a lot of brute force and having copied and pasted many steps 9 times (should have used a macro). But considering it is 11pm now, I will take it as long as it gives the right answer.