Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #200: Sudoku Solver

Strohy
8 - Asteroid

Beginner and Intermediate solutions attached. Will have a look at advanced next but it looks really tough!

Spoiler
bstroh_0-1580168830768.png
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

And that makes 200!  Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced solutions.  I think I channeled @patrick_digan on this one.  Could have made the standard macro iterative to reduce number of tools, but runs fast and works as is.  I still prefer the "brain and pencil" method, but nice to be able to create a workflow of how my brain solves Sudoku puzzles.  

Spoiler
Iterative MacroIterative Macro

Std MacroStd Macro

WorkflowWorkflow

LifebloomX
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Beginner and Intermediate done. I'll post the solutions for advanced when I have more time later.
LifebloomX_0-1580174894901.png

terry10
11 - Bolide

I had fun solving the intermediate. I did have to talk myself into using strings instead of math! I will attempt the advanced later for practice writing iterative macros. - terry10

Spoiler
Spoiler
challenge 200 ss.PNG

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is solution for intermediate leave. 

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

nivi_s
8 - Asteroid

Solved Beginner level!

Spoiler
nivi_s_0-1580179767148.png
CCarroll-
7 - Meteor

Here's my attempt at Beginner and Intermediate

Spoiler
  Beginner.pngIntermediate.png

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Beginner wasn't really a challenge and intermediate/advanced are basically the same when you try a general approach.

I solved it with a iterative macro and the approach to check rows/columns/tiles. No Python, No R involved. 

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my beginner solution... will need to work on more of it to get to intermediate and advances

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I stuck with the Beginner solution which I solved by using the RegEx tool twice (attached workflow)

Spoiler
200.jpg

If I wished to completely solve the Sudoku, I would study the solution created by my colleague Fred Koenders. He described it in a blog some time ago (link in Dutch: https://infotopics.nl/blog/2018/07/20/sudoku-solver-met-alteryx/)

Best,

Roland

Infotopics - Benelux partner of the year
Empowering business through analytics. See, Understand, Act!