Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #200: Sudoku Solver

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
I went for an iterative macro to solve the advanced part.
bkclaw113
9 - Comet

Been a while since I tried my hand at one of these.  Will need to keep working on the advanced solution.

A little sloppy on the Hard solution, but gets the job done.

Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Canvas:

Spoiler
wc200.PNG

Iterative Macro:

Spoiler
wc200 macro.PNG
jacrae
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Finished beginner and intermediate!

merigoalie1
6 - Meteoroid

Here is my beginner solution.  I'm still new to RegEx and originally I didn't know/see that you can tokenize into rows so my answer was extremely inefficient.  After some research i got to a much simpler solution!

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed for the beginner part

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Just getting back to work after vacation so starting with the beginner one so that I can get caught up!

Capture.png
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Solved the Advanced One!  Wikipedia.  Feels like a big accomplishment to get the right answer the first try!  

Spoiler
Step1 - Determined all possible missing values across where the numbers 1-9 were present to get all valid rows
Step2 - Got all possible combinations of rows 1-3, 4-6, and 7-9 where numbers 1-9 resided in the 'cubes'
Step3 - Of what remained got all possible combinations where the columns contained 1-9.

This involved using append fields tool...and bringing column values into rows for logical testing (1-9).

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Beginner and Intermediate challenges done, I'll be back for advanced I'm sure... Happy 200th everyone 😄

Spoiler
Challenge 200.PNG

OllieClarke_0-1580160079681.png
hbraunius
8 - Asteroid

My beginner and intermediate solution here.

Spoiler
200.png