Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #20: List Parsing

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution to challenge 20.
Finding a way to A) separate addresses from company names, and B) handle phone numbers with extensions was incredibly frustrating.

nnilz
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

RegEx my friend :)

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Wow this one was a real headache! Especially when I somehow messed up saving it and had to start from scratch just after I'd got the solution out. Good practice for Regex though. And I was chuffed that I did a better job of extracting phone numbers from the address field than in the given output :D

hbraunius
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached. It's not the cleanest or the most efficient, but it works.

JoshuaM
8 - Asteroid

This one was difficult but a nice challenge. A real test of Regex and some other formulas. All in all great practice!!

Spoiler

Marsh_Snip.PNG

TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
20. Data Parsing.PNG

Wasn't easy this one! Had to peek at the spoilers to see if the approach I was taking made sense, and then I finally got the regex working to catch all the exceptions

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Tricky one parsing this out

Spoiler
Challenge 20.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
RobertoEstrada
8 - Asteroid

Will be great to have a resource or a reference for RegEx expressions; I had to do a lot of research on this one. I used this page for the phone numbers http://phoneregex.com/

Vidya26
8 - Asteroid

My Solution