Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #20: List Parsing

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I have a near perfect match - it's just that for the phone numbers I have a 1.03% null whereas the solution has 0.98% null so I am not sure what I have missed here... I think my approach is still valid and if you happen to miss the info it will still be in the address line.

Spoiler
20.png
Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

So I noticed that every entry once you filtered out the Nulls was two new lines, as I was able to identify where the Company names were, but then I had to result to parsing as I coudn't really get much beyond the company name with the line breaks. If anyone knows how to order and then find a way to go from there, it would have been interesting to see what I could have done with the company groupings.

Anyway, since I had the two competing methods, my solution is extremely long.

-Cheers!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Matt

piotrzawistowski
8 - Asteroid

Done. Many regexes in one Formula was the key in my solution.

Alekh
9 - Comet
Spoiler
20..png

fmeo
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
This was one of the first Advanced challenges I didThis was one of the first Advanced challenges I did
jagdeep_singh85
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

PFA my solution

ADerbak
11 - Bolide

Solution Attached!

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

Definitely went down the rabbit hole in my first attempt, mainly in trying to establish boundaries between records.  I ran into too many exceptions that I wisely abandoned that idea.  Then I figured out there was one row type that I could pattern match with Regular Expressions and easily handle all variations.

Spoiler
020.png
KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Such an awful challenge. I need to revisit this and structure the solution differently but got it down to 39 differences so happy with this.

Spoiler
12-08-2019 15-31-38.png
EmilyCR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Talk about head wrecking!