Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #20: List Parsing

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I have a near perfect match - it's just that for the phone numbers I have a 1.03% null whereas the solution has 0.98% null so I am not sure what I have missed here... I think my approach is still valid and if you happen to miss the info it will still be in the address line.

Spoiler
20.png
Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

So I noticed that every entry once you filtered out the Nulls was two new lines, as I was able to identify where the Company names were, but then I had to result to parsing as I coudn't really get much beyond the company name with the line breaks. If anyone knows how to order and then find a way to go from there, it would have been interesting to see what I could have done with the company groupings.

Anyway, since I had the two competing methods, my solution is extremely long.

-Cheers!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Matt

piotrzawistowski
8 - Asteroid

Done. Many regexes in one Formula was the key in my solution.

Alekh
9 - Comet
Spoiler
20..png

fmeo
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
This was one of the first Advanced challenges I didThis was one of the first Advanced challenges I did
jagdeep_singh85
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

PFA my solution

ADerbak
11 - Bolide

Solution Attached!

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

Definitely went down the rabbit hole in my first attempt, mainly in trying to establish boundaries between records.  I ran into too many exceptions that I wisely abandoned that idea.  Then I figured out there was one row type that I could pattern match with Regular Expressions and easily handle all variations.

Spoiler
020.png
KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Such an awful challenge. I need to revisit this and structure the solution differently but got it down to 39 differences so happy with this.

Spoiler
12-08-2019 15-31-38.png
EmilyCR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Talk about head wrecking!