Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #20: List Parsing

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution to challenge 20.
Finding a way to A) separate addresses from company names, and B) handle phone numbers with extensions was incredibly frustrating.

nnilz
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

RegEx my friend :)

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Wow this one was a real headache! Especially when I somehow messed up saving it and had to start from scratch just after I'd got the solution out. Good practice for Regex though. And I was chuffed that I did a better job of extracting phone numbers from the address field than in the given output :D

hbraunius
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached. It's not the cleanest or the most efficient, but it works.

JoshuaM
8 - Asteroid

This one was difficult but a nice challenge. A real test of Regex and some other formulas. All in all great practice!!

Spoiler

Marsh_Snip.PNG

TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
20. Data Parsing.PNG

Wasn't easy this one! Had to peek at the spoilers to see if the approach I was taking made sense, and then I finally got the regex working to catch all the exceptions

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Tricky one parsing this out

Spoiler
Challenge 20.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
RobertoEstrada
8 - Asteroid

Will be great to have a resource or a reference for RegEx expressions; I had to do a lot of research on this one. I used this page for the phone numbers http://phoneregex.com/

Vidya26
8 - Asteroid

My Solution