We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!Submit Feedback
The link to last week’s challenge (challenge #19) is HERE. For this week’s challenge we need to clean up an unformatted text file with unstructured data.
Use Case: A sales executive got a series of leads from the DMA conference. Unfortunately it’s a text file that we want to restructure into a tabular form to load into Salesforce.
The result should be a table formatted the same as the output sample.
As always there are many ways to approach the same problem in Alteryx. I am looking forward hear about some of your solutions.
Painful but useful exercise!
This one was BRUTAL for me. I will not admit how long I've been battling this one... but I can now safely say that RegEx and I are close friends now, both in tool and formula form, and that I now have a deep-seated dislike for non-standard formatted addresses and phone numbers...
This challenge was difficult for me. It really highlighted the importance of testing your output vs. the given output. That's how I found the "RFI ." and the two phone numbers starting with 1- that I missed during my initial data inspection. I added in a testing section to the end of my workflow if anyone has a more efficient way to test the two outputs are identical I welcome feedback.