Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #20: List Parsing

Jim7
8 - Asteroid

Quite a few tricks in the original data set to keep your regex honest :) Attached is my solution.

justin_winter
8 - Asteroid

Ugh, that was one of the uglier ones. Pretty trial and error solution that still isn't perfect...

dillon_bok
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Week20.PNG
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
What a mess! I ran and reran the workflow so many times to account for each of the variations in the data. Ended up using a lot of RegEx in my formulas.

20.PNG
CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

Finding the difference between Address & Company name was a challenge, but got there in the end :) 

aking
7 - Meteor

Pretty tedious

Spoiler
Capture20.JPG

OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

I have got to say this was a pain and took me about 3 different iterations.  However, I did end up with what I think is a better result than then provided solution.

Spoiler
challenge_20_completedScreen.jpg

I noticed there were 3 records with a phone number that was not accounted for in the solution (my records highlighted in red below)
challenge_20_completedPhoneFormat.jpg

I also didn't like how the FAX records had the word ' fax' in them and similarly that Notes had the '...' at the beginning and end.  I cleaned those up as well.
challenge_20_completedCleanedFurther.jpg
Mikkel_D_Karlsen
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for a great challenge, here is my solution

MarMu
8 - Asteroid

That was one time consuming nut to crack. Quite a few hours went into finding the right RegEx expressions. The rest was pretty straight forward.

CReW-macros really helped speed up the validation with their awesome test macros. kudos

Spoiler
challenge_20_start_file_MarMu.png
tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

Full disclosure...I had to peak to the REGEX statements right.  These challenges are a great way to learn Alteryx, though, even if they aren't completed without peeking.