Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #20: List Parsing

maxjohnson02
8 - Asteroid

First time using the RegExMatch function!

jsdeter
8 - Asteroid

Adding my solution.  interesting twist having phone number at end of address and splitting up.  Thanks

jsdeter
8 - Asteroid

Adding my solution.  interesting twist having phone number at end of address and splitting up.  Thanks

ivoller
12 - Quasar

Go there in the end. Need to tweak a bit to get all the possibilities. Learned a lot.

bdaniels
8 - Asteroid

Gauthier_B
8 - Asteroid

Wow, that took me way too long, I had to take a peek at some spoiler screenshot to figure it out.

Glad I did it though, feeling more comfortable with the transpose/crosstab gymnastics :D

arein0
8 - Asteroid

kcoulon
8 - Asteroid

Challenge solved - it was interesting to see how others resolved this, many of which were different from mine. Some good ideas!

CaraI
Alteryx
Alteryx

I got to a 98% "there" solution pretty quickly, and in the real world would have run with it.  Getting it perfect took some work, re-work and re-re-work.  In the end there are many less tools on the canvass, though I am sure I could reduce by another 25% easily.  It isn't pretty, but it works.

Spoiler
Spoiler:

Using lots of multi-row tools, I made the (null) rows around the record start and end consistent in order to mark the start and create groups.  Once I had all of the groups marked, I was able to concatenate by group and proceed to parsing.  Because I didn't know the total variations of phone formats needing to be parsed from address, I ended up using the RegEx parse tool to identify each pattern individually. After that is what just a matter of consolidating the RegEx parsing results into one field and then using RegEx replace in a formula tool to remove the phone numbers from the address field.  

20 Workflow.jpg

justynam
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

Much longer than the solution provided on the in the first post, but anyway working properly :-)