Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #20: List Parsing

maxjohnson02
8 - Asteroid

First time using the RegExMatch function!

jsdeter
8 - Asteroid

Adding my solution.  interesting twist having phone number at end of address and splitting up.  Thanks

jsdeter
8 - Asteroid

Adding my solution.  interesting twist having phone number at end of address and splitting up.  Thanks

ivoller
12 - Quasar

Go there in the end. Need to tweak a bit to get all the possibilities. Learned a lot.

bdaniels
8 - Asteroid

Gauthier_B
8 - Asteroid

Wow, that took me way too long, I had to take a peek at some spoiler screenshot to figure it out.

Glad I did it though, feeling more comfortable with the transpose/crosstab gymnastics :D

arein0
8 - Asteroid

kcoulon
8 - Asteroid

Challenge solved - it was interesting to see how others resolved this, many of which were different from mine. Some good ideas!

CaraI
Alteryx
Alteryx

I got to a 98% "there" solution pretty quickly, and in the real world would have run with it.  Getting it perfect took some work, re-work and re-re-work.  In the end there are many less tools on the canvass, though I am sure I could reduce by another 25% easily.  It isn't pretty, but it works.

Spoiler
Spoiler:

Using lots of multi-row tools, I made the (null) rows around the record start and end consistent in order to mark the start and create groups.  Once I had all of the groups marked, I was able to concatenate by group and proceed to parsing.  Because I didn't know the total variations of phone formats needing to be parsed from address, I ended up using the RegEx parse tool to identify each pattern individually. After that is what just a matter of consolidating the RegEx parsing results into one field and then using RegEx replace in a formula tool to remove the phone numbers from the address field.  

20 Workflow.jpg

justynam
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

Much longer than the solution provided on the in the first post, but anyway working properly :-)