Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #2: Preparing Delimited Data

DriveMyData
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Week 2.PNG
dillon_bok
8 - Asteroid

Fairly straightforward solution:

Spoiler
Week2.PNG
klippard001
6 - Meteoroid

Decided to do a roundabout approach :) 

JamesHa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The formula hung me up for a bit.  Learned something new though!

James Dolan-Hall | Principal Technical Account Manager
support@alteryx.com | community.alteryx.com
Gauthier_B
8 - Asteroid

Done, that was a quick one :)

LJoonas
7 - Meteor

Keeping it going. My second weekly challenge and here is my solution.

Kdpalmer
8 - Asteroid

This was very helpful -- thank you!

Question - There are a lot of plausible solutions to this (Formula with Trim v. Data Cleansing Tool v. RegEx or DateTime function v. Formula tool on date) and also potential order of functions (e.g. selecting/renaming before/after tackling character or date formatting).  Is there an optimal solution to this for computational effort? Or generally a list on which functions in Alteryx are more taxing on the system than others?

Thank you!

KP

CC @LaurenU

Inactive User
Not applicable

I've been using Alteryx for over a year and find myself always using the same tools. I decided to start participating in these challenges to get out of my toolbox comfort zone.

Here is my solution. This is only on my second challenge and I am already learning new things.

thanks

Inactive User
Not applicable

I have been using Alteryx for over a year and find myself always using the same set of tools. I am using these weekly challenges to extend my knowledge of the different capabilities of Alteryx. This is only my second week and already I've learned something new.

thanks

markcollin
6 - Meteoroid

Great introduction exercise!