Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #2: Preparing Delimited Data

david14
8 - Asteroid

My technique is similar to solution file. Once the original column was split, I removed the double quotes from [1] and added the correct column name along with data type/size. I used the ToNumber function to convert [2] over to an Int16. I used a custom date conversion with the single quotes included as a way to create the date without removing the single quotes as a separate step. I used the select tool in the last step to isolate the columns of interest.

beatrizmguerreiro
8 - Asteroid

It was my first weekly challenge.

The date part was more tricky than I imagine, but I managed to do it. On to the next one!

alamshukla
5 - Atom

Used Text to Columns, Formula, DateTime tools 

camillb
8 - Asteroid

I did the challenge and I checked some of user's answer. Just found out many ways to get to the same solution.

A good one to continue to learn!

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I imagine the practical use of this being quite common! Nice beginner challenge 🙂

Spoiler
TheOC_0-1597865213801.png

I found that the stripQuotes functionality that I found on the alteryx documentation was really useful for this one - and the multi-field formula tool meant I could run this on both fields that had quotation marks within. Interestingly stripQuotes also removes apostrophe's, which I imagine could be useful to remember in the future - I thought it would only remove quotations.

Bulien
MKteryx
8 - Asteroid

2 of many

karinaa
6 - Meteoroid

challenge 2

OliverHosking
8 - Asteroid

Challange complete!

rogshih
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
rogshih_0-1598140638432.png

Took quite a bit of trial and error to figure out that the number of columns can be expanded to accommodate the "blank" columns.

KathieJacobson
6 - Meteoroid

Woo hoo  Challenge #2