Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #2: Preparing Delimited Data

mthomsontx
6 - Meteoroid

I always like seeing the solution after because it's usually more efficient than my solution, so not only do I need to use critical thinking, but then I learn something new after too. 

Vikash_kumar
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

Mattyb21
6 - Meteoroid

Solution attached ... 

gurpe974
7 - Meteor

Here is my proposed solution. Not as efficient as it could be but happy using the tools learned in the ADAPT program until Week 3.

KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Solution Challenge #2

Spoiler
SPOILER002 - parsing KL.png
mike_w
8 - Asteroid

my challenge #2 solution

EagleOne
6 - Meteoroid

This was my first challenge exercise. I'm looking forward to working my way through the other challenges as the format is simple and engaging.

Do the challenges increase in difficulty as the number increases or are the two unrelated?

Thanks!

hamza_khan
7 - Meteor

The indexing of strings is almost the same as string indexing in python. What I wanted to know was can we chain functions using the alteryx formula tool? example replace(.....).trim(........) like one would do in python.

LDias
6 - Meteoroid

Completed Assignment

KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@EagleOne, the challenge number is unrelated to the difficulty. This is challenge #2, which means it is the second challenge. There is a new challenge every week. Difficulty is roughly divided into beginner, intermediate and advanced, which you can see in the Tag/Label of the original post. You can even filter for the beginner ones (look for 'Labels' on the right side).

@hamza_khan , you can stack functions in the formula tool, e.g. Trim(Replace(String, Target, Replacement),y). You can also add more formulas in the formula tool by clicking the '+' Button just below the formula window.

Have fun with alteryx!