Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #2: Preparing Delimited Data

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JoeM,

2 badges today!

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution.

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge2.JPG
jjc42
7 - Meteor

Mostly the same as everyone else.  I could have eliminated an extra step. 

IJH34
8 - Asteroid

Capture.PNG

Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

Challenge #2 complete!

Spoiler
challenge2.jpg
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Laurap1228 - it's so exciting to see someone starting on the journey of getting all the weekly challenges done in order.   There's a few of us who are on this journey, and quite a few have gone through 30 or even 50 of them, and for me this was one of the best ways to learn the toolset!

Keep on cracking through these - the learning is invaluable, especially if you take a look (only after you've completed your version :-)) at the solutions from some of the community greats and see how they have tackled them.  There's so many ways to solve a problem, and by looking at other folk's approaches to each challenge (and trying to replicate them if they strike you as new learning) it really does accelerate learning.

:-) 2 more to go (since you've already done numbers 1-3) and you get your Khumbu Icefall badge (for 5 completed challenges) !

Good luck @Laurap1228 - it's a very exciting expedition you've undertaken.

Anurag
6 - Meteoroid

Nice Challenge,

A. I used 3 text to column tool in series with different delimiters: (,), ("), and ('). After this step I used Select Tool to rename and select the required columns.

B. The solution provided in the challenge is better and shorter as compared to my solution.

Natasha
9 - Comet

Challenge #2 solved

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
Spoiler
Spoilerimage.png

similar to other solutions. This one really helped me understand the DateTimeParse function

MarvinPinto
6 - Meteoroid

I used the Reg Ex , Date time converter and Parse tool to resolve this challenge which was slightly different than the solution provided. Does my solution have any potential disadvantage over the solution provided by Alteryx?