community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #2: Preparing Delimited Data

Atom

Solved

Spoiler
challenge 2.PNG

Hi All

Please find my solution attached.

Do let me know in case of any thoughts /feedback.

Regards

Rohit Govind

Meteor

Fireball
Spoiler
Challenge2-KA.PNG
Spoiler
Challenge_2.png
Highlighted
Meteoroid

Meteoroid

Got it!!

I used the formula function.

challenge 2.JPG

Alteryx
Alteryx

Interesting challenge!  I did it without the formula tool.

Spoiler
By making all three of ' " , delimiters and turning up the number of output columns, we get rid of all the quotes and commas in one swoop.  We pay for it by having unnecessary empty columns where two delimiters were right next to each other.

We get the nice date from a DateTime tool.  Then a Select Tool to rename the columns, change the ID to an int_16 type, and get rid of those empties we made earlier.
Alteryx
Alteryx

My first solution. Maybe an extra tool or 2 in there, but I got there. I love RegEx.

Tonya Smith
Technical Product Manager, Engine