Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #2: Preparing Delimited Data

ARTIWADI
5 - Atom

Solved!

TimothySr
6 - Meteoroid

My solution below:

Spoiler
Alt-2.png

Zachary
7 - Meteor

I used Text to Columns, StripQuotes formula and the DateTime... and then the Select tool to change field names and data types. 

KolsumaAktar
8 - Asteroid

My solution is attached

KHURST
5 - Atom

I suppose there are a lot of ways to do this, I chose to parse everything.

Started with a RegEx replace, then Text to Columns and finished with DateTime tool.

I suppose this could be an issue if you wanted to retain double or single quotes that may have been contained within the string as opposed to surrounding the strings, but I figured I'd try something different.

Solution ImageSolution Image

gguedes1
8 - Asteroid

This was a really cool exercise especially working with the Text to Column parsing tool.

I ran a few iterations for possible solutions, but ultimately I ended up using the formula tool to to remove the quotes from the column attribute and the dateparse function in the poem date attribute to reformat from a string to a date.

kedark
6 - Meteoroid

Surprised to know how the "Text To Columns" tool allows you to add more than one delimiter at once. Used regular expression to replace the quotes in my date column which got created after parsing from "Text To Columns" tool. Easy-Peassy task as compared to Challenge #1 ;) 

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Completed using TextToColumns to split out all data and then the Select tool to rename and remove unwanted fields

Scott_Anderson
Alteryx
Alteryx

Solution attached!