Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #2: Preparing Delimited Data

ctrl_kudorje
8 - Asteroid

Here's to the second submission. One area I had different was that I chose to ignore delimiters in the column split tool, therefore allowing me to do a bit of the cleaning upfront.

Ella
5 - Atom

Solved :)

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

First time using the Data Cleansing Tool! Here is my solution. :)

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

kturner002
5 - Atom

First weekly challenge

apoorvashetty
6 - Meteoroid

I've used a combination of Text to columns, Data Cleansing and date-time format tool to achieve the solution.

asteryx
8 - Asteroid

Another string split, data cleanser and string-to-date solution

FredySantana
7 - Meteor

My solution 

DiegoParker
10 - Fireball

Done!

mark-spain
7 - Meteor

My solution attached:

Spoiler
I used the Text To Columns tool, specifying the comma character as the delimiter to break the string into 3 new columns. I then used the Data Cleansing tool to remove the Punctuation on the newly created columns (1,2 and 3). The DateTime tool under the Parse category allowed me to specify a custom date format of "ddMonyy" (since I had removed Punctuation from the entire string, including the hyphens), I took the opportunity to Rename this new Date column. I then used a Select tool to select the required columns and apply the correct names and data types to them.

Challenge 2 Solution.PNG
Challenge 2 Results.PNG 
abinder
6 - Meteoroid

Attached my solution