Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #2: Preparing Delimited Data

Finished up my first challenge... I appreciate being able to see the 'official' solution to get ideas of how to simplify my workflow! 

breal
5 - Atom

I was trying to use a formula to replace the quotes, but was running into issues. I happened to notice in the solution that when replacing quotes you need to have an apostrophe on either side of the quote whereas normally when replacing text you need to have quotes on either side. Once I discovered this, I was able to use a formula tool with REGEX_Replace formula.

Spoiler
Challenge #2 Formula.jpgChallenge #2 Workflow.jpg
svenk
8 - Asteroid

My Solution!

kvnpt
7 - Meteor

Good to learn more possibilities of the formula tool.

TwylaXBlack
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
SPOILER

Here is my solution.

JoyousOne
6 - Meteoroid

I DID IT!! :D

Took me a visit to the community to see if there was an easier way to remove the quotes (which of course there is!) but I learned something new today and I completed my first challenge! WOOT!

alteryx challenge 2 solution.PNG

lsarmiento001
5 - Atom

I like this beginner workflow. Can be used in some many different formatting areas.

cspartz
6 - Meteoroid

Shifty
12 - Quasar

First challenge completed, hopefully successfully, under the hideous wing of @mceleavey. 

Spoiler
I first split the columns using the text to columns tool, then used a formula tool to replace the hyphens in the date field with a space. This allowed me to then use the data cleansing tool to remove all punctuation marks from the Poem and the Date fields.
I then simply converted the date, renamed the columns accordingly and dropped the unwanted columns.

Shifty - Challenge 2 Workflow.jpgShifty - Challenge 2 Results.jpg
lesliehgriffin
5 - Atom

challenge #2 complete!