Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #195: XML Parsing

Verakso
11 - Bolide

Interesting with an XML challenge, all though I used to love XML, I can really see why JSON has picked up as the "new standard".

I not sure me and the XML parser in Alteryx is going to be BFF's - simply miss my old ability to use XPath, and I almost ditched it completely and was about to do it all in RegEx, but then it wouldn't really have been a challenge

Spoiler
So here it is, first I fetch the <taxonpath> nodes. From there I split out and find the <source> node, and the <entry> node, and then I join those two together again.
Not the prettiest, but it did work
2020-01-02 22_53_30-Window.png

Still Climbing
/Verakso

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Here my solution.

carlosteixeira2005_0-1578059972527.png

Best regards

Carlos A Teixeira
kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Can't wait to see what everyone else did! This was a great intro to XML parsing for me.

Spoiler
Challenge195-KA.PNG
meeravijayan2011
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
195.png
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

AV8
8 - Asteroid

Had to refer to provided solution. But it was overall a good learning challenge.

Spoiler
Spoiler:195_workflow.JPG
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Fun.  But I had to look at the structure in Notepad++ to find the elements that I was interested in

Spoiler
w.png

Dan

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Not going to lie.. I'm not really sure how I got the result. I just kept adding tools and guessed as I went along based on the output of the previous tool. I will have to go back and review to make sure I understand why this works.

Capture.PNG

ConradW
8 - Asteroid

Good to get another parsing challenge completed