Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #195: XML Parsing

Verakso
11 - Bolide

Interesting with an XML challenge, all though I used to love XML, I can really see why JSON has picked up as the "new standard".

I not sure me and the XML parser in Alteryx is going to be BFF's - simply miss my old ability to use XPath, and I almost ditched it completely and was about to do it all in RegEx, but then it wouldn't really have been a challenge

Spoiler
So here it is, first I fetch the <taxonpath> nodes. From there I split out and find the <source> node, and the <entry> node, and then I join those two together again.
Not the prettiest, but it did work
2020-01-02 22_53_30-Window.png

Still Climbing
/Verakso

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Here my solution.

carlosteixeira2005_0-1578059972527.png

Best regards

Carlos A Teixeira
kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Can't wait to see what everyone else did! This was a great intro to XML parsing for me.

Spoiler
Challenge195-KA.PNG
meeravijayan2011
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
195.png
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

AV8
8 - Asteroid

Had to refer to provided solution. But it was overall a good learning challenge.

Spoiler
Spoiler:195_workflow.JPG
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Fun.  But I had to look at the structure in Notepad++ to find the elements that I was interested in

Spoiler
w.png

Dan

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Not going to lie.. I'm not really sure how I got the result. I just kept adding tools and guessed as I went along based on the output of the previous tool. I will have to go back and review to make sure I understand why this works.

Capture.PNG

ConradW
8 - Asteroid

Good to get another parsing challenge completed