Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #195: XML Parsing

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
JamesCharnley_0-1666780548401.png

Figured it was finally time to learn about XML. Not as bad as I thought!

JoshuaB
Alteryx Product Evangelist
Alteryx Product Evangelist

Updating from my old profile

Joshua Burkhow | Chief Evangelist @ Alteryx | Follow me on LinkedIn and Twitter
TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

Here is my solution.

Thanks.

dwstada
10 - Fireball

my solution :) basically regex only

also left the complete regex sequence for a one-step tokenize in there in an inactive container.

It works in regex101 with the samples, but doesn't work in alteryx - it does not seem to like "\n*.*\n*.*\n*.*\n*.*" somewhere in the expression and gives an error...

(RegEx (64) There was an error in regex_search The complexity of matching the regular expression exceeded predefined bounds. Try refactoring the regular expression to make each choice made by the state machine unambiguous. This exception is thrown to prevent "eternal" matches that take an indefinite period time to locate.)

the workaround was just tokenizing twice and joining afterwards as seen in my solution

kristiadiuisan
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Alteryx_challenge_195_KU.png
RobbieA
8 - Asteroid

Had to look to @JamesCharnley solution for assistance with this one

gaoa
11 - Bolide

That was a lot of tools! 

Spoiler
gaoa_0-1680477956149.png
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

My solution.

Spoiler
As XML Parse tool creates many fields, I had to remove fields at each time to focus on necessary fields.
Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1681526889344.png

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
ed_hayter_0-1687419863548.png

Did it without XML parse which is probably not ideal. Went into VS Code and considered the regex required to capture the key value pairs.

chandler-gjino
Alteryx
Alteryx

attaching my solution